Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Currently on the list: Best of David Bowie, "Love Actually" soundtrack, The Donnas, The Beatles and U2.
BTW, I love the nod to the movie in this Buffy quote.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Woman Warrior Queen
Definitely a Monday
Friday, September 07, 2007
They've all been invited to a party?
- guacamole dip and leftover nachos
- day old bagel and cream cheese
Why the hubbub over a B-52 taking off from a B-52 base in Minot, North Dakota and subsequently landing at a B-52 base in Barksdale, Louisiana? That’s like getting excited if you see postal worker in uniform walking out of a post office. And how does someone watching a B-52 land identify the cruise missiles as nukes? It just does not make sense. So I called a old friend and retired B-52 pilot and asked him. What he told me offers one compelling case of circumstantial evidence. My buddy, let’s call him Jack D. Ripper, reminded me that the only times you put weapons on a plane is when they are on alert or if you are tasked to move the weapons to a specific site.
Then he told me something I had not heard before.
Barksdale Air Force Base is being used as a jumping off point for Middle East operations. Gee, why would we want cruise missile nukes at Barksdale Air Force Base. Can’t imagine we would need to use them in Iraq. Why would we want to preposition nuclear weapons at a base conducting Middle East operations?
His final point was to observe that someone on the inside obviously leaked the info that the planes were carrying nukes. A B-52 landing at Barksdale is a non-event. A B-52 landing with nukes. That is something else.
Now maybe there is an innocent explanation for this? I can’t think of one. What is certain is that the pilots of this plane did not just make a last minute decision to strap on some nukes and take them for a joy ride. We need some tough questions and clear answers. What the hell is going on? Did someone at Barksdale try to indirectly warn the American people that the Bush Administration is staging nukes for Iran? I don’t know, but it is a question worth asking.
Howl Is Teh Crazy
Clearly they were peeking in my window last night and did a representation of what was going on. Little how was clearly on the kitty krack. He would be laying on the carpet, suddenly purr, spring up and race down the hall. Then, he would come in, stare at the wall just above his head, attempt to catch the imaginary bug, purr, and run off. This cycle continued all night until he finally collapsed in our bed. At one point he ended up on top of his two foot tall kitty tower and freaked out for the next five minutes on how to get down. (Apparently jumping off of a two foot tower is much scarier than jumping off of the four foot tower that he does every day.) Kitties. Meh.
How Did They Know That's Been One of My Mantras Lately?
I really mean that.
Whatever, whatever, whatever.
You can have it.
Labels: the universe
Better Than a Giant Toothy Rabbit
Daniel Miller: Where were you? I'm just curious.The link on yesterday's post has been fixed. That song is very much in my head. It has almost pushed out that one horrible, yet horribly funny, engrish song (track number one here since it was left off of the soundtrack) from "Lost in Translation" that was heard at Club Orange.
Bob Diamond: I'd tell you, but you wouldn't understand.
Daniel Miller: Don't treat me like a moron. Try me.
Bob Diamond: I was trapped near the inner circle of fault.
Daniel Miller: I don't understand.
Bob Diamond: I told you...
See? Getting my groove back.
I love wet umbrellas. I love it even more that I typed out forty poems that I wrote so many years ago into book form. Yes, I rolled my eyes more than once. Now the editing can begin! Sorry, no samples yet. Although, I'm hoping that this weekend will bring a couple more postcards so that I can take pictures of them and post here. I got a beautiful watercolor last night.
That reminds me...Halloween is approaching! I'm almost considering dressing up as a giant rabbit. Anyone want to take a gander as to why? (Clue: BTVS)
Buffy: I didn't say I'd never slay another vampire. It's not like I have all these fluffy bunny feelings for them, I'm just not gonna get way extracurricular with it.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
This is it! I can feel it! Fall is finally coming in! (This is what happens when it starts raining at night and continues thru the morning - Happy Col!) Maybe by tonight or tomorrow we can open up the windows in the house and let it BREATHE! (Why is it just spring cleaning that matters and not seasonal cleaning? Every season needs it's own clean start!) I got so excited last night checking out all of the new Halloween ornaments that were coming out. So excited I almost decided right then and there to only ask for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall Harvest decorations for Christmas. What? I'm serious. Oooh...or maybe I can become a Holiday Fairy for Halloween. You know, where a mixture of every type of holiday clothing that I can find, then carry around a pet groundhog for luck. ;)
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Poser the Squirrel
He took a step towards me on that last picture. My friend squeaked and I nearly peed in my pants.
- Thank you for my family.
- Thank you for my creativity.
- Thank you for nearby gas stations.
- Thank you for not encouraging that squirrel to jump on me yesterday when I kept taking his photo.
Labels: little things
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
As Glenn so Clearly Voiced for Howl This Morning:
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Taking a Weekend Then Giving Back Monday
- Taking 60 pictures on Saturday morning.
- Getting creative on some postcards.
- Walking around the neighborhood and realizing that everyone else also let their front yards go because it's just been too hot out to mow.
- Four Cats and One Box Video.
(I know you were here!)
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
A Picture I Love and Wanted to Share
Ambitious? Just You Wait!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Last Night's Yelp
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Ask the Readers...
- Apparently there are a lot of people out there that name their animals after artists. Did you?
- Do you have a favorite artist? One of mine is Albrecht Durer. Another is Edward Gorey. I'm all about the lines!
- Have you ever gone to a museum that you wanted to stay in all day and night until you were the only one there? Did you ever want to spend eight hours just staring at one painting?
- What's your favorite book? One of mine is "Violin" by Anne Rice. Another is "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin.
Capital T and that Rhymes with P...
- Discovering that today is free food day: as in cookies, cream cheese cakes, brownies, watermelon, quesidillas, coke, popcorn, pizza, etc.
- Sexy harem jitsu.
- Finding yet another way to pimp out a crafty friend. I'm a mad, maaad woman.
- Paying $1.00/lb is good, especially if it is for a textbook that you will carry with you wherever you go to help you lose any weight that you didn't lose while having mono this summer.
- Getting to make ten postcards.
- A possible museum trip.
- Watching your friend's face light up when she finds a $5 bill on the ground.
- Watching the number of pirate friends I have grow.
Monday, August 20, 2007
What's scarrier than Christopher Walken?
Bubbles are still there
More Pictures from Shimmy Fest
Glenn knows what makes me happy.
I want to put these three in a frame.
I can't wait for the DVD to arrive. Oh yeah, and next year? We're dancing to "Thriller". How hard can it be to learn how to moonwalk?
The Pig Goes *snort snort*
- Seventy-two hours of watching "Naruto" with Glenn can't be wrong.
- Discovering that Sophie also enjoys watching "Naruto."
- Gene Simmons is a clutz.
- Discovering that you have been cuddled by a kitty at night.
- "Lick It Good" was the perfect thing to write on a melty birthday cake.
- Witnessing Wal-mart watch out for wandering children in their parking lots.
- Discovering the perfect picture for a t-shirt to wear in the South. (see below)